They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but research shows that video triumphs in the content world. Forrester Research has determined that a minute of video is worth 1.8 million words. With that in mind, it’s no wonder more businesses are opting to use video as part of their content and marketing strategies. Here, we outline 3 simple ways to make the most of video marketing for your next event:
1. Get quality footage, and repurpose it
Want to show people exactly why they should attend your next event? With the help of a professional videographer, you can really capture the right moments and convey them back to your audience. What’s even better is that that this content can be repurposed for other events or content purposes.
A professional video production company will be able to make their away around your event and film some of these important marketing materials:
- Interviews with speakers, presenters, VIPs, exhibitors and visitors
- Testimonials from happy event-goers
- Snippets of the event from all different angles, capturing the excitement, energy and “buzz”
At the end of your event, your production team should be able to put together a highlights reel featuring the most exciting moments that you can use to promote your next event.
Example: Cebit 2017
CeBIT Australia is the largest & longest running business technology conference & exhibition in Asia Pacific. Spotlight Productions worked with Hannover Fairs to a highlights video to encourage people to attend. The video covered the show and included interviews with exhibitors, attendees and filmed real life testimonials.
2. Get your content noticed
So you’ve got a fantastic promotional video for your event. Now you need to make sure it gets the attention it deserves. While your homepage is a great starting point, how will you reach those people who aren’t visiting your website?
To boost interest and attendance for your event, try a few of these techniques:
- Send your customer database an email with a link to your video and details about the event. Forrester Research thinks this can lead to a 200%-300% increase in click-through.
- Consider paid advertising. You can boost your video on Facebook, Instagram (if it’s under 60 seconds long) and YouTube.
- Consider if your video would be worth promoting outside of the digital space – for example, on TV or in cinema advertising. But keep in mind, this can be more expensive.
3. Take to social media
Video is now the most popular form of content on social media. A professional event video will certainly grab the attention of your viewers and help your business stand out. Create short, interesting video snippets for Facebook, Instagram or Snapchat to keep your audience engaged and updated. You can even do this by using your smartphone!
Think about using the live video function on Facebook and Instagram, to show your followers exactly what they’re missing out on. This can create a bit of FOMO (fear of missing out), and encourage people to attend next time.
If you’re looking for ways to successfully market your next event, have a chat with the team at Spotlight Productions. We specialise in creating promotional videos for businesses and would love an invitation to your next event!